[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 18:19:40 CST 2009

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> Or perhaps it is that I can't actually "employ" anyone in
> Britain without being an incorporated and legally present
> entity there, and must necessarily pay them as a contractor
> across international boundaries.

I'm pretty sure you cannot directly employ someone who lives in
Britain in an American company. For starters it's illegal for
you to employ anyone without a valid working license in the US,
not to mention you can't withhold taxes for Britain.

The solution is either for you to open a UK branch and pay
them locally in Britain which is possible but might expose
you to different regulation and is a PITA to say the least,
or the better solution is to have THEM open a UK company,
pay that company for their services, and let them worry
about paying themselves salary.