[asterisk-biz] Can anyone transfer a Canadian number

Jacob Suter jsuter at intrastar.net
Mon Jan 5 18:36:28 CST 2009

Sounds like it's time to file a lawsuit on both hitcalls and their provider.

Imagine how quickly the telcos would have to straighten up their acts if
transferring a number was truly as smooth, easy and transparent as
transferring a domain name.  Also, nobody I know has lost a domain (that
wasn't registered via some sort of scam-ish/free domain service) due to the
registrar going out of business.

Of course, if the state of telecom were that far advanced, we'd likely have
evolved past this pathetic system of using an arbitrary 10 digit number as
your voice 'address' to the world.  It's about equally as pathetic as
advertising your webserver's IP as your "website address"

Ah well.

JS