[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:11:48 CST 2009

On 1/5/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> There's not really much to session timers except periodic re-INVITEs
>  that re-assert an existing SDP offer/answer.  Do they not support those
>  either?

And SDP is just offer/answer right?  How many pieces of equipment have
SDP issues?  How many pieces of equipment can't implement the core SIP
RFCs properly?  Session timers seem simple (and really are) but you
would be surprised how many implementations are just broken.

With that being said, I don't know of a single Tier 1 that supports
them.  Interop is tough enough with some of them, I just don't think
they want to deal with it.  Sure you can do session timers in between
your endpoints but other than that you're (currently) out of luck.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org