[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Ken Rice krice at rmktek.com
Mon Jan 5 00:54:16 CST 2009

>> That bandwidth price seems a bit excessive even for current 'quality'
>>  bandwidth providers... At those rates you can get some pretty good bandwidth
>>  at much higher commits and spend the same money... Maybe its just the
>>  facility you are in but damn that seems high
>>

> 'Twas an average.  For grins...
>
> What does Level(3) quote in your area?

We get prices in the 20 to 40 range not including cross connects for 100meg
commits.. I have heard as little as 14/meg from large resellers in Boston
and other places giving direct to L3 Ports...

And Cogent these days I have heard under $8/meg on 100meg commit...

(not that I would necessarily want to depend on cogent for my ITSP heh... A
multi-homed network with customers whos ISPs are single homed to cogent its
not a bad idea (and god forbid cogent and level3 de-peer again heh)