[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Jan 5 00:05:23 CST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 00:30 -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
> I agree with you completely on a philosophical level.  However, as Brett
> pointed out, this is government and a law conceived in 1994;  when it
> comes to technology policy and management, government couldn't manage
> its way out of a paper bag.

make that "wet paper bag" :)

Thing is that its not your interpretation that matters, its the guys
with guns who can do nasty things to you based on *their*
interpretation. (to the person you were responding to)

My interpretation of the IRS income tax form 1040 is that it forces you
to waive your 5th amendment right, making it unconstitutional for them
to use it.  A judge agreed once but stipulated that its a non-citable
case for fear it would destroy the US taxation system.  However the
IRS's interpretation is that they will just seize my property without a
hearing (in violation of the 6th amendment due process rights), freeze
my bank accounts and potentially send guys with guns to grab me and do
naughty things to me until I pay them what they think they are owed.

So yes, you shouldnt be charged if you do a good faith effort to comply
with the law, but hey that isnt going to stop them.

> The government doesn't really give two shits what you think.

sure they do, if you disagree with them they do naughty things to you :)

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721