[asterisk-biz] calea

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jan 4 23:56:37 CST 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 23:23 -0600, Ken Rice wrote:
> > --- On Sun, 1/4/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Would disabling LCR and forcing the route to one of the
> >> carriers you normally use that will do the CALEA tapping for
> >> you be considered "tipping off" the customer being recorded?
> >
> > I *seriously* doubt the makers of CALEA thought it this far.
> > Hell, I'd be surprised if they even know or care what ReINVITE
> > is.
>
> Theres not need to even re-invite the calls... And most carriers that are
> doing lcr if they are smart they arent re-inviting the calls they are just
> putting the correct IP addresses in the SDP in the first place... Re-invites
> in more cases then not cause more issues then they are worth...

That Cerf/Diffie wrote about in their pdf, that you kinda have to strip
out some functionality of the spec in order to do calea in any
reasonable way.

and if you use asterisk, this is the asterisk-biz list after all :)
reinvites may be one of the only reasonable ways you can avoid the
media.
pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721