[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 22:34:31 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> Would disabling LCR and forcing the route to one of the
> carriers you normally use that will do the CALEA tapping for
> you be considered "tipping off" the customer being recorded?

I *seriously* doubt the makers of CALEA thought it this far.
Hell, I'd be surprised if they even know or care what ReINVITE
is.

In other words- this is a matter of personal interpretation of
a law. Given that you as an ITSP are not the criminal/target
but just a medium for catching them - I really see no reason
for them to go after you if your interpretation of the law is
that you just have to send "tapped" lines to a special media
server for proxying. Expecting more than that is unreasonable
anyway IMHO.

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/