[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 20:19:51 CST 2009

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, Trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

> I am thinking of consultants that install systems, who may
> provide the support themselves, large institutions that have
> their own IT departments (most businesses do not have one,
> they are too small to justify it), etc.

I totally agree. This is how it works in the "old world" PBX
market and I think that would be the norm (eventually) for
IP based PBX's as well. From a provider perspective it makes
zero sense to try and support a business remotely.

So one of two things will happen - or a hybrid of both:

1. Providers that concentrate on small business will have
their own techs go to client sites to install (or troubleshoot)
the same as an ISP would.

2. Private companies/installers will contract with providers
where they will get paid an installation fee and per incident
by the client directly.

-- Nitzan
http://www.comparevoipproviderrates.com/