[asterisk-biz] Experimental/new VoIP rate search engine.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 14:16:43 CST 2009

Well, how to put it.. exposure is exposure. As a provider you'd
want to get your name out there even if your rates are not as
competitive as others.

Not to mention that if a provider does have such agreements
in place that allow them to achieve low rates to a certain
destination - having those rates searchable and displayed
as #1 lowest is sure to bring them customers interested in
those routes/rates.

But at the end of the day it's up to each provider to decide
if they'd like to be on there or not. You don't have to like
the idea to get customers from it, nor would we force anyone
to be on there if they'd like their rates removed. The idea
is to find the lowest rates, so providers that do not compete
on price aren't really critical to have in there.

There will also be other comparisons in the future too.
Calling plan rates, quality (will have to figure out
how to measure "quality"), length in business, etc.

  -- Nitzan