[asterisk-biz] Plonking Tier 1 SIP Providers?

Jacob Suter jsuter at intrastar.net
Wed Feb 18 15:47:16 CST 2009

Is there *ever* a legitimate reason to do this?

I personally drop all calls from illegitimate CIDs (toll free #'s, area
codes that don't exist, etc)

After a 45 day logging period, we discovered exactly 100% of our 'toll free'
caller ID calls were for unsolicited telemarketing.  Of course, in over 75%
of the calls, the 'legitimate caller ID' would have been somewhere in
south/southeast Asia.

I know if I'm doing it, there must be a pile more doing it too...

I do know vitality lets you send any caller ID you want.  One of my office
extensions was shooting 1234567890 as its caller ID for a few months quite
successfully (displayed on my cellphone).  Oops.

JS