[asterisk-biz] IT Expo, Miami FL win $250 + More

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Tue Feb 17 22:18:43 CST 2009

This is untrue.  Digium has not paid/bribed/compensated anyone for
testimonials or case studies, and I am disappointed that this
misinformation went unchallenged for so long.  I'm uncertain where the
disconnect is in this comment but it is certainly not valid, and I
hope we can discuss privately how this misconception arose.

We have an enthusiastic and unpaid list of Asterisk users for both the
Open Source versions as well as for Digium cards/modules/packaged
solutions who have volunteered for testimonials and case studies which
we publish both for the advancement of Open Source Asterisk and also
for Digium's products, depending on what the customer is using.  We
have not and do not offer compensation for those users or customers in
exchange for their words about Asterisk or Digium's offerings, though
perhaps I will buy them a beer at Astricon.

(Sorry that I took so long to publish a reply, but I missed this
message due to a hectic conference schedule and am slowly catching up.)

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/