[asterisk-biz] Enhanced Voicemail Distribution Lists

Andy day andy at iptelesis.com
Mon Feb 16 18:18:10 CST 2009

We have an enhanced messaging product that we've been attempting to roll out
using our Broadsoft PBX and have not had much success. We've developed a
communications portal where users can create up to 99 distribution lists,
record messages, create emails or SMS messages and then send those messages
to an individual or one of their distribution lists.  They may record up to
a 1 hour message and send it to nearly a thousand other users on the system.
This is an application for Multi-Level Marketing companies.  They will also
receive electronic faxes and retrieve those from the portal.

Limitations we're running into with Broadsoft are as follows: 1. Broadsoft
creates one message for each user and emails it out for storage.  This
results in hundreds of Gigabytes of storage eaten up every day.  We need
single message store where a message is stored once and referenced by each
message box.  2. Broadsoft only supports 15 distribution lists (lists of
users phone numbers which are tied to email boxes for storage) and we need
up to 99.  3. Maximum recording length is 10 minutes and we need up to 60
minutes.  Looking for an asterisk consultant that has done something
similar.  Any suggestions?

Andy Day