[asterisk-biz] Google voice outside USA

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:32:25 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Nitzan Kon <nk3569 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The day they allow you to register SIP phones to GV
>
> That day will never come.

Interesting that Chris Dibona mentioned at Astricon they were looking
at restoring SIP. He may not have been speaking of allowing you to
register devices, but if SIP URI forwarding were to be allowed that
would be nearly as good.

As far as why they would lose money by offering free services, I
encourage you to study how Google works. Remember that calls are not
free on Google Voice except to USA numbers.

If the original question was about whether GV will ever offer, say,
French phone numbers on their Google France site, that could happen
depending on how they see the advertising market in each area.

Of course, none of us have any actual knowledge of what will happen,
but it's interesting to conjecture.  I'd be wary of words like
'never'. When it comes to Google, nothing would surprise me.

/r