[asterisk-biz] Vestec Speech Engine: FreeSWITCH and MRCP

Kashif Kahn info at evestech.com
Fri Dec 25 10:47:12 CST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I have been receiving a number of emails about Freeswitch integration and MRCP support for Vestec speech recognition engine.

I would like to clarify the situation for everyone's benefit by saying that: (a) Vestec speech engine comes with a full-function API that can be used for integration with a wide variety of platforms of developer's choice; (b) a Freeswitch connector is under development and will be available - absolutely free-of-charge - for download shortly; and (c) we are working on MRCP (Media Resource Control Protocol) support and expect it to be available in the near future. Please note that an Asterisk connector - for all major Asterisk releases and Linux distributions - is already available for the speech recognition engine. (The Asterisk connector allows direct interaction with speech engine via Asterisk Dialplan; a developer does not need to use the engine API).

Finally, I would like to remind everyone that a 1-port license for a full-feature, full-function standard Vestec speech recognition engine - with an API as well as an Asterisk connector - is available at a special $25 discounted price. (See "speech starter kit" at http://www.digium.com/en/products/software/vestec.php) We designed the promotion to significantly reduce the cost of trying speech recognition and encourage you to take advantage of it.

Best regards,
-Kashif

 Kashif Kahn
VP, Business Development