[asterisk-biz] Speech Recognition Engine; Special $25/port Offer

Kashif Kahn info at evestech.com
Thu Dec 24 13:16:09 CST 2009

Hi David,

Many thanks for your product patronage and good feedback.

Reference
your question, we are working on an acoustic model for UK English and
will likely release it within the next several months. Please note that
acoustic models are language AND accent specific. Our speech engine
currently comes with an American English acoustic model. That is, the
model has been developed primarily for native American and Canadian
English speakers. Non-native (ie non-American and non-Canadian) English
speakers can also use the American English model but will generally
need to add custom pronunciation to take account of their specific
accents. As a general rule, the greater the difference in pronunciation
- due to a speaker's accent - from the base acoustic model, the greater
the speech application developer need for adding custom pronunciation.
The advantage of a UK English acoustic model will be that you would be
able to experience high recognition accuracy with native British
accents with default speech engine pronunciations.

Finally,
note that Vestec treats new acoustic models as a software "upgrade". As
long as the buyer has purchased engine maintenance for the year in
which a new upgrade is released - engine software maintenance is free
for the first 12 months after purchase and thereafter costs $15 per
port per year - he can download the latest acoustic model(s)
free-of-charge.

Best regards,
-Kashif
 Kashif Kahn