[asterisk-biz] Wideband SIP Clients Talent Search

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:31:20 CST 2009

Hi all,

You know by now that VoIP Users Conference runs on a g722 capable
conference bridge. In the past few months we've tested a large number
of SIP agents including Asterisk 1.6, iPhone SIP clients, hardphones
(Polycom, Siemens Gigaset) and last week three SIP clients, two for
Mac (Blink and Telephone) and one for "all three major" platforms
Zoiper. Zoiper also deserves special mention because it does IAX.

Several ITSP such as OnSIP and Sipgate offer g722 intra-network as
well. Presumably peer-to-peer on any SIP agent can also be in g722.

I'm inviting you all of you here to chime in if you'd care to, either
with your thoughts and recommendations on any of the above or
suggestions on any of the above.

If you are mentioned in the clients, what is the staus? Is the beta
ready for the voip geek public?

You can leave a message for us on (518) VUC-VOIP (883-8647) or join us
live Friday at 12 Noon EST. Or hang out with us on #vuc anytime.

Our scheduled guest, Vivox cancelled yesterday, so if any of you want
to share anything with VUC, you're welcome to come join us in about 9
hours from this writing.
We'll be talking about various subjects such as a recent change at
Voxbone, upping the minimum commitment, which may affect some of you
doing business in this space.

Info and archive recordings: http://vuc.me
Next conference time in your time zone: http://vuc.me/next
IRC on Freenode.net: #vuc