[asterisk-biz] Good, Reliable ATA Adapter That Can Handle FAX of SIP T.38

Ken Rice krice at rmktek.com
Mon Aug 31 23:13:55 CDT 2009

I have a stack of the HT286's and have had little trouble from them (as
compared to pap2s/spa2000 series that don't do t38) ... He specifically said
"CAN HANDLE FAX" where as a PAP2/SPA will do faxing in 711 passthru this is
far less than optimal as t38 is designed to handle faxing specifically by
eliminating the need to encode a digital fax in an analog signal inside
another digital packetize datastream... Now t38 isnt the answer to
everything but once you have it working its far better than 711 passthru