[asterisk-biz] Need USA virtual PRIs for www.VisionVoIP.com

Pascal Bruno tipascal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:18:38 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Jerry Jones <jjones at danrj.com> wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:33 AM, Sean McMaster wrote:
>

> Is this a fact or your personal opinion? Did you ask most large-scale
>
> providers what they are using and they reply everything but asterisk?
>
> How do you know?
>

> Sent from my iPod
>

> On Aug 31, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
>
> wrote:
>

> Large-scale providers don't use Asterisk for subscribe-facing edge
>
> equipment, and IAX doesn't really exist outside the Asterisk
>
> ecosystem.
>

> lets see. you ask questions on a list mostly populated by folks with
> experience in deploying asterisk, and other telecom systems. You get
> the responses? Not too mention spending some time searching the archives
> would also have yielded the same answers?

What you are saying here makes no sense.  Read the thread over again and see
what I am asking.  And yes I have the right to ask if there are available
facts to a response or if it is an assumption and opinion.  Also experience
folks in deploying asterisk != folks deciding what to use or not in a large
scale telecom provider.  I still believe some large scale provider may be
using Asterisk even if they do not recommend IAX and they might even support
both and might prefer not to advertise support for both.  Vitelity is one I
know for fact that support both, unless you do not consider them as a Large
Scale provider.  So I was just asking if you do have facts, (survey,
research) not just what people are saying on a list.  This cannot replace
what the reality is.

Pascal B.
http://www.kameleonlabs.com/