[asterisk-biz] (((GSM and Switchvox)))

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Tue Aug 25 20:28:21 CDT 2009

Bob,

Are you talking about gsm phones which also has wifi chip?

You can use Nokia E70/71, N90,91,97 series of phones, they do have
some good stack and also you could get some more details of the same
from fring.com they kinda list all gsm phones their software works
with, and it requires wifi/edge on normal gsm phones to make a voice
call apart from standard IM, second option is to use phones inbuilt
SIP stack sometimes it is buggy but it allows voice communications on
private wifi infrastructure kinda smoothly.

Google for Mobile VoIP to get more data on subject or get some
consultant who has gone and done some good R&D in that space (for e.g
me :), shameless self marketing plug! )

Nevertheless you shall be able to work out on what you need based on
the data I provided,

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,