[asterisk-biz] Free DIDs

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Aug 16 19:03:31 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 17:55 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> > and its only legal if the FCC does not regulate you as a telecom
> > company.  Sprint, Qwest, AT&T, etc tried to do that and they lost in
> > court.  "self help blocking" was what  they called it.
>
> How do regulated telecom companies get away with blocking anything else
> like International, Toll, and 900/976 numbers?  Could a carrier just as
> easily play a message saying "this number not included in your
> 'unlimited' plan" and then complete the call at per min rates?

900/976 is by user request.  International is not the same as domestic,
which is what this was in context to.

I do not know if playing a message and billing per minute would be
acceptable, the carriers did not do that so it was not raised in the
court case.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721