[asterisk-biz] Free DIDs

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Aug 16 11:40:13 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 08:34 -0700, randulo wrote:
> Today, as you all know, 'unlimited' never means anything other than
> "limited to an arbitrary amount of resource usage that we can
> reconcile with our business plan". IOW, service providers need to make
> money on the accounts, not just provide a service.

that is not true, that is only true from providers that want to lie to
customers and claim they are unlimited when they have no intention of
providing what they advertise.

I have said a few times in this thread that both Boost (sprint) and
T-mobile (at least in the US) give unlimited when they say unlimited.
Metropcs here also says in their ads "unlimited really means unlimited"
and there was a series of commercials a few years ago where the
telephone sales person was selling uMlimited phone service and it was to
draw attention the fact that when many people say unlimited they really
mean 'we think you are a stupid customer for choosing us and we can tell
you anything and you will believe it, god you are so stupid, just give
me your money and never place a phone call'.

> And what about unlimited dialing to 50 countries? Presumably a French
> operator like <spit> Orange has to pay to terminate a call to the USA?
> They *must* have limits.

no, they just have to have enough users who do not use the phone that
frequently to subsidize the ones that use it all the time, and price it
such that they still turn a profit.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721