[asterisk-biz] Free DIDs

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:34:09 CDT 2009

Interesting thread! With regard to the use of 'unlimited':

Wengo's TOS in the early days when they offered unlimited SIP calling
at 7 euros per month did not state a number of minutes but had a
sentence difficult to translate into English, but meaning something
like this:

"If you are using more minutes than the average person, we reserve the right..."

The idea was actually clear: no heavy business use, no large family of
glandular-age girls on the phone all day, etc. IIRC, they cut off
calls after two hours as well, probably for the teen-aged girls
referred to previously.

Today, as you all know, 'unlimited' never means anything other than
"limited to an arbitrary amount of resource usage that we can
reconcile with our business plan". IOW, service providers need to make
money on the accounts, not just provide a service.

If you ever heard anything else in 'unlmited', you probably also think
the $99 iPhone is a steal. Which it is. For AT&T.

And what about unlimited dialing to 50 countries? Presumably a French
operator like <spit> Orange has to pay to terminate a call to the USA?
They *must* have limits.