[asterisk-biz] Free DIDs

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Aug 16 00:13:47 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 01:12 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Telcos see call setup as a series of billable events.  If intercarrier
> settlement worked anything like IP peering, the world would be a very,
> very different place.  For one, a lot of it would be settlement-free.
>
> The carriers' obsession with Bellhead-style intercarrier comp. is one of
> the main things holding back private VoIP peering or federation.

if everything was all sip all the time (or whatever protocol) then it
would eliminate a lot of the businesses that sell telephone minutes.
The carriers seem to like actually being able to stay in business,
provide jobs, etc.

I do not think any industry will seek to destroy its place in the
market, in fact I would be suprised if that were the case.  I instead
expect that any industry would seek to stay alive, especially when there
are billions of dollars invested and to be made each year.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721