[asterisk-biz] Wholesale Source of DID's Wanted

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Aug 12 11:27:20 CDT 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Stephen Karrington wrote:
>
>> Please contact us if you are a direct supplier of these DID's and not a
>> middleman or 3rd party reseller.
>
> Please define.  There aren't very many actual carriers that are going to
> be on this list that are going to sell to you directly at good rates
> without a large volume commitment and who are able to cover such a broad
> area;  there are only a few that are interconnected in so many rate
> centers/LATAs.

  Agreed.  At say $0.25/DID in volume, you'd need to buy 100,000 DIDs
  (commit to minimum $25,000) in the next 3 montsh from L3 before they'd
  sign a contract with you.  Maybe it is less now, but still a significant
  amount.

  If you are there, call Level3, Verizon, Paetec, Global Crossing, XO, MCI
  (who else are the big suppliers?).

  If not, I have been very happy with Vitelity for the past 3 years, US DIDs
  start at $1.49/month + $0.012/min with no minimum commit, and the pricing
  gets even better for resellers.

  I also use DIDww for International DIDs as well as US/Canada DIDs, though
  for my business we prefer metered with "unlimited" channels and per minute
  rates that Vitelity offers rather than flat rate with 2 channels that
  DIDww offers.

  Recently I used DIDx, and while the numbers I've gotten from them work, I
  can't speak to their call quality over time (it was fine when I tested
  it), their web portal and API leaves A LOT to be desired, and within the
  first 30 days of using DIDx I had two numbers (out of 7 total!) up and
  disappear from my account without any sort of notification; when asked
  DIDx said the underlying carrier removed them after being ported.  Seems
  like a carrier removing them from the system could trigger an email at the
  very least.  Though Rehan and their support staff are friendly and helpful
  and responsive for the most part, the whole operation feels very hacked
  together and makes me very wary.

Beckman