[asterisk-biz] Is NuFone dead?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Apr 30 18:42:29 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 02:01 +0300, Moshe Maeir wrote:
> This is all I know
> http://www.jeremy-mcnamara.com/2009/03/31/how-the-hell-happened-to-nufone/
> sounds like a sad story....

http://voxilla.com/2005/07/01/voip-fraud-the-industrys-best-kept-secret-362

if you read that, it shows that he was selling a product he didnt
understand - telephone minutes.  Further it shows that he was not paying
attention to the terms of contracts and such, as a result he got hit
with a lot of charges.  What is interesting is that the story appears to
have changed slightly with the personal blog entry as opposed to what
was said at the time that it started going south.

There are several articles quoting Jeremy talking about how he was
"scammed"  because he was foolishly selling service for less than it
cost him under terms that left him holding the bag.  Looking at it this
way, if Best Buy is selling items for less than their cost,  and I buy
them and sell them on ebay, I am not scamming them, they sold it below
their cost I just bought as many as I could so I could turn a profit
(and this really did happen with me, best buy, and mp3 players).  I see
no difference with someone else selling something for below their cost
without putting in contractual requirements.  The FCC also agrees with
this in one case where they specifically said that its on carriers to
file tariffs and do contracts that protect them and not complain after
the fact that someone used a service they underpriced.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721