[asterisk-biz] Dear Termination Providers,

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Apr 24 20:20:20 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 21:01 -0400, Peter Beckman wrote:
>   Nice.  You might also want to consider including a connection fee in
>   there, as some providers will charge 0.001/minute after a 0.50 connection
>   fee per call.  I guess that could be done as
>
>      1256,Alabama,0.50,1,0.001,60
>
>   Though one second calls might be charged 0.501 whereas in this definition
>   it would be assumed that 1 second calls were 0.50, and 2-61 second calls
>   were 0.501.
>
>   It's close to an RFP!
I have not read the document in question, but this is the internet so
that does not disqualify comments :)

I agree that there should be a field for a connection cost, as well as a
standardized time format for when peak/off peak is if that is to be
used.  Think globally, so perhaps doing everything UTC would be nice, of
course holidays can be a problem since those are highly regional, and
more thought on this should be considered.

There is also the issue of when does the rate get set?  Many pstn
carriers charge based on when the call is made, some do it minute by
minute but that seems more rare at least in north america, some do it at
the end of the call, but you could define a flag that indicates which
way it is as there are only a limited number of ways you can bill when
the rate changes based on time.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721