[asterisk-biz] Asterisk on Mac OS X...newbie questions

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:21:26 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Rick Dwyer <rdwyer at quick-link.com> wrote:
> I downloaded version 1.4.11 from the site mezzo.net/asterisk/ as this
> is the site a google search returned when I looked up Asterisk for the
> Mac.

You should probably get the asterisk sources from the Digium site
http://asterisk.org and also you should post you question to
asterisk-user list for more answers. It's possible you can hook up
with someone there who has used asterisk on the Mac. There used to be
a site about asterisk on OS X somewhere. I have seen a few people
doing it, but as the last person said, it's rare for several reasons
and peer support is one of them.

Still if you're comfortable with Darwin command line and running your
Mac all the time to answer a phone line, there's no good reason you
won't be successful as long as you are using SIP only (no hardware).