[asterisk-biz] Asterisk on Mac OS X...newbie questions

Rob Lith rob at connection-telecom.com
Thu Apr 23 12:35:04 CDT 2009

On 23 Apr 2009, at 18:51, randulo wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Rick Dwyer <rdwyer at quick-link.com>
> wrote:
>> What I want to do is allow callers to call a our phone line and
>> unsubscribe their phone number from our call center list.  So,
>> basically, when they call in, they would be greeted with a message
>> something like: "please enter your 10 digit phone number followed by
>> the pound sign".  They would then have the number read back to them
>> confirm it or reenter it.  Once confirmed, it would write the phone
>> number to a text file for importing into MySQL or FileMaker.
>
> Not can Asterisk do that, but it can read the callerID and ask if they
> want to remove *that* number. Filemaker, I don't know but it can talk
> to a mysql database or just write the number to be removed to a file.
> Not too complicated.

Of course it can capture the input of the number if given by DTMF
after the IVR prompt.

You could pass that input to a database to look-up and remove the
number.

You obviously have to develop some crosschecks that verify you're not
removing someone else's number.

If they are calling from the phone they want unsubscribed then having
to input the number can be eliminated, but often people to not send
their CLI.

Cheers
Rob