[asterisk-biz] Asterisk on Mac OS X...newbie questions

Rick Dwyer rdwyer at quick-link.com
Thu Apr 23 11:25:54 CDT 2009

Hello list.

I have looked at PHLink and PhoneValet and neither seem to be able to
do what I need, so I am looking at Asterisk.

What I want to do is allow callers to call a our phone line and
unsubscribe their phone number from our call center list.  So,
basically, when they call in, they would be greeted with a message
something like: "please enter your 10 digit phone number followed by
the pound sign".  They would then have the number read back to them to
confirm it or reenter it.  Once confirmed, it would write the phone
number to a text file for importing into MySQL or FileMaker.

Is what I am trying to accomplish within the realm of what Asterisk
can do on the Mac platform... or any platform... and if so, how
difficult of an install is it?  I have read varying accounts from it
being a breeze to being frustrating.

TIA

--Rick