[asterisk-biz] Asterisk MRCP integration

nutan chetan chaitanya at ozonetel.com
Wed Apr 15 22:26:44 CDT 2009

Hi All,
We at ozonetel, www.ozonetel.com, have developed an mrcp client module for Asterisk. Now your Asterisk server can connect to MRCP compliant servers and you can very easily speech enable your Asterisk applications. Asterisk can now integrate with Nuance, Telisma, Cepstral, Aculab etc for speech recognition and text to speech (TTS). You can find the details of the solution and a trial version at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MRCPSpeech
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MRCPTalk
This solution is based on Unimrcp, http://www.unimrcp.org/ , so make sure you have unimrcp installed first.

We have already tested integration with Nuance, Telisma, Festival, Cepstral etc.

Very soon we will be releasing compiled binaries for debian and rpm based systems.

If you are interested please contact atul.sharma at ozonetel.com, We can help you in setting up the system.

-Chaitanya