[asterisk-biz] New US DID Special

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Apr 15 11:09:04 CDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Sean McMaster wrote:

> I'm a little confused by your pricing. The metered inbound DID per minute
> you said is 0.4 cents, which is basically 4 cents or 4 pennies and
> defined numerically by $0.4.

  Um, your math is as bad as Verizon's:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCJ3Oz5JVKs

  0.4 cents == $0.004

  0.4 cents is 4 tenths of a cent which is 4/10ths of a cent.

> Then in brackets you said $0.004, which is not the same as $0.4. $0.004
> is about 4 tenths of a cent.
>
> Am I missing something?

  I think I am too -- I disregarded Jai's DIDs because I read it in the past
  as 4 cents ($0.04) per minute, not 4 tenths of a cent ($0.004) per minute.
  $0.004 makes his metered inbound sexier (assuming "unlimited"
  channels).

  So Jai --

  USD$1.00 per month + $0.04/minute
  OR
  USD$1.00 per month + $0.004/minute

  Can we please all just use US dollars to say how much things are?  If you
  watch the video, it's clear people are stupid, and don't understand
  converting between units (cents to dollars).  I hate it when people quote
  in cents.  I hate rate sheets in cents.  Please, use dollars with a lot of
  zeros.  If you charge $0.004 per minute, say $0.004, not 0.4 cents.  There
  is a reason the cents character is hard to type.

  I'm guessing it's because I want it in dollars.

Beckman