[asterisk-biz] Friday April 3rd Gizmo, OpenSky, Skype for Asterisk, SIP for Skype - where are they?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 05:38:20 CDT 2009

Hi All,

At the usual time, 12 Noon ET on Friday April 3rd, we expect Michael
Robertson to join the discussion to filed questions about OpenSky and
Gizmo5. I have been testing all of these Skype to X methods except SIP
for Skype since I have no word from them. I can tell you that we've
had good results with bith Skype for Asterisk and OpenSky.

In fact, I am currently accepting calls to my hosted pbx from Skype
and Google Voice via the Gizmo and OpenSky platform and I'm very
pleased with the results. In fact, we may cut our low traffic tollfree
numbers entirely in favor of such services. While not all of these are
free, they are for the most part reasonably-priced. I'll let Michael
discuss this with you. He was recently lambasted on Om Malik's blog
for calling SIP for Skype "vaporware". I didn't see his comment as
meaning that, but we'll find out more tomorrow.

Also it's time to give away the Polycom ip450 from e4strategies so we
will be doing that on tomorrow's call as well.
You will need to be on IRC and on the call to be eligible and be
registered with Talkshoe in order to have a PIN:

IRC: #voip-users-conference on Freenode.net or via the web: http://tr.im/vucirc

SIP: 7463#22622#${YOUR_PIN_HERE}@proxy.ideasip.com

SIP g722: You can see this SIP URI generously lent to us by ZipDX in
the title on the IRC channel

PSTN: (724) 444-7444 enter 22622# YOUR_PIN#

See you there!