[asterisk-biz] GreenfieldTech announces general availability of app_cashmaker [quoted from www.simionovich.com]

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:44:34 CDT 2009

BJ Weschke wrote:
> Nir Simionovich wrote:
>> Udim, Israel. April 1, 2009 -
>>
>> GreenfieldTech Ltd., a leading provider of Asterisk solutions and
>> Asterisk training services in Israel, today announced the availability
>> of it’s patented app_cashmaker application for the Asterisk Open Source
>> PBX system. The CashMaker application is intended to be used by various
>> content suppliers, wishing to distribute Audio and Video based content,
>> utilizing their Asterisk server.
>>
>> The application is built to accept an inbound call into it, then,
>> according to various information gathered in correlation to the callers
>> caller ID and/or inbound DID number, will correlate a relevant content
>> stream directly to the caller. The content distributor doesn’t even have
>> to care about what content to distribute, as the application will
>> connect directly, via the Internet, to a remotely available RTBSP
>> streaming server at GreenfieldTech data center.
>>
>> “The app_cashmaker application is the result of the cumulative work of
>> over 3 years in the making, testing various content business models and
>> applications. The main problems most content distributors have is how to
>> gather the content and manage it, with app_cashmaker, this requirement
>> is negated, thus allowing the distributor to concentrate on what they do
>> best - flooding the newpapers with ads and marketing material to promote
>> their content delivery service”, says Nir Simionovich, CEO and Founder
>> of GreenfieldTech.
>>
>> Simionovich indicated that the central content distribution facility is
>> managed via a GTBS cluster environment, implemented partially utilizing
>> Amazon’s EC2 and S3 structures, while utilizing GreenfieldTech’s
>> proprietary streaming and clustering technologies. Currently,
>> GreenfieldTech had submitted 10 different provisional patents, relating
>> to the technologies comprising the app_cashmaker application and
>> service. GreenfieldTech marketing team had indicated that initial beta
>> trials had showed an increase in content availability, via the
>> GreenfieldTech BSC Cloud facilityof over 40% with an increase of almost
>> 80% in content delivery success.
>>
>> Simionovich estimates that by the year 2010, over 20,000,000 will use
>> the GreenfieldTech app_cashmaker facility, disrupting completely the way
>> mobile, audio and video content is distributed around the world.
>>
>> Asterisk is the world’s leading open source PBX telephony engine, and
>> telephony applications solution. It offers unmatched flexibility in a
>> world previously dominated by expensive proprietary communications
>> systems. The Asterisk solution offers a rich and flexible voice
>> infrastructure that integrates seamlessly with both traditional and
>> advanced VoIP telephony systems. For more information on Asterisk visit
>> http://www.asterisk.org
>>
>> For more information, please refer to the GreenfieldTech website at
>> http://www.greenfieldtech.net.

> [...]

Actually,

   We already started working on app_makemoney, but that got replaced by
app_stealminutes which we developed for a VoIP carrier - for some
reason, they claim that 700mS is actually a full second - I'll never get
accountants, they were going on and on about the arbitrage of minutes
over a leased line and that the delay causes this.

   I think that my favorite was app_crystalvoice - turns your voice
clearer over ulaw codec, every time you say a word, it automatically
sounds as if you're kissing up to someone - made specifically for
Mid-level managers wanting to step up in the chain of command. Actually,
this application was developed by another company in Israel, but they
are now busy developing app_cheatthecellcompany - they say there's more
money there.

--
Kind Regards,
   Nir Simionovich