[asterisk-biz] Does callprogress work with DSS1 (EURO-ISDN) for playing early media announcements?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Sep 25 07:23:13 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 13:59 +0200, Sabine Jordan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we use Sangoma Technologies Corp. A104X hardware and asterisk with DSS1
> (EURO-ISDN). We would like to use early media, because we have to play a
> free announcement to inform the customers about the charges.
> Unfortunately we get a hangup with Release Cause 102 after about 15
> seconds of the announcement...

that may be the carrier, Meteor (IE GSM provider) gives you 60 seconds
when you place a call, some carriers limit it on inbound to prevent
abuse.  Many carriers also filter one direction of the media flow (ie
Meteor would not let me send voice/dtmf from my phone but I could
listen) to prevent someone from running a "tollfree" on what should
otherwise not be a tollfree by doing the entire call in early media
mode.

So you may want to find out if its the drivers/implementation or if its
the carrier that is capping the time limit.  I would ask the carrier and
explain why you need it to be the way it is.  By the time you get a
response from them something may have come in on the list that would
more clearly state which way it is, so you can be better prepared to
deal with whatever it is.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200