[asterisk-biz] Asterisk and OpenSer support in Spain

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Sep 22 21:24:24 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 20:04 -0600, Lane Sullivan wrote:
> I don't know if this is area specific but too me it is hardly ever
> noticeable in the IT world when the economy dips.

its more than a dip.  For months the mediterranian states in the EU were
having issues, its just getting worse more recently.  Yes there is still
commerce, yes some countries are doing better than others, but when you
see reports on TV of people complaining they cant afford to buy bread
anymore, and its not just one but large regions, you have to wonder if
they cant afford that what can they afford?

Granted some of that is media hype to get viewers, but there has to be
something to it if they are hyping it that bad.  The banking stuff still
hasnt hit europe as hard as its going to ultimately, Germany for example
which had a really good economy during the "med state" low (a problem
for the ECB cause they needed to raise rates to stave off inflation but
couldnt without killing the med states) is starting to feel a little,
bankers no longer are allowed to put hookers and booze on expense
accounts :P

I havent noticed much, other than a slight increase in goods here in
Amsterdam, people still have disposable income, although a lot of the
income on the street level here is tourism.

I originally brought all that up simple to say that you may have to be
more targeted at the way you sell things and to whom than you would have
last year.  In fact I seem to recall saying specifically that when I
brought all this up.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200