[asterisk-biz] European mobile tariffs & US tariffs

Karl Fife asterisk-biz at kfife.mailworks.org
Sun Sep 21 23:27:46 CDT 2008

Does anyone know (roughly) how much wireless carriers in Europe get paid
by the terminating carrier?  I know there's a term for this tariff, but
it escapes me.  I know I pay roughly ten times as much to terminate on a
mobile than a terrestrial line.  I assume it's quite high.  Is anyone in
the business who can chime in with some approximate numbers?

For that matter does anyone know how much US carriers get paid in large
metropolitan areas like Boston or Chicago?  I'm also interested in these
'rural' telcos like those (presumably) behind freedigits and IPKall et
al., allowing them to offer free DID's to anyone.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
-Karl