[asterisk-biz] DIDs For Sale

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Sep 11 16:29:19 CDT 2008

Shidan wrote:

> The good news is if you are successful at delivering good service for
> more than a few months at your target pricing, you will have a very
> successful business and certainly not enough time to argue with people
> who obviously have all the time in the world on their hands, probably
> from too little business and lack of social lives. Even though you
> probably rushed in advertising your new venture hastily, and even though
> through experience I know your goals are very ambitious and hard, even
> for seasoned veterans, I'm looking forward to seeing if you can pull it
> off and best of luck.

This is all 100% true.

But the real obstacle, aside from the kindergarten presentation, is
defeating Alex Pilosov's Law of VoIP Profitability, which certainly
applies to reselling a major carrier's SIP trunking product and doing
little else of value-added consequence.

Alex Pilosov's law, although sarcastically stated, is very astute, and
deserves framing in every office.  It has been elucidated in various
forms, by noone better than Alex himself:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com/msg22138.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com/msg21357.html

The point is that if you did something that is self-evidently
meritorious and ground-breakingly innovative, your odds of achieving
business success despite the setbacks incurred by your abysmal
presentation would be considerably higher.

But alas, you are competing in an extremely overpopulated market space
selling a commodity offering, so to have much hope of surviving you need
to, at the very least, do it well.  Standing out against your
competitors means having a web site, documentation and attendant
supplements that are on at least a 6th grade reading level.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems