[asterisk-biz] How does one get a DID for Germany without a local address?

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Thu Sep 11 02:29:30 CDT 2008

Eric Chamberlain wrote:
> Our current DID provider offers DID's in Germany, but requires a local
> address in Germany.  Is there a way to get German DID's for commercial
> use without having a presence in the country?

To add to my previous message, it is not possible to get *geographic*
german numbers without being actually located in the area concerned. You
can get a direct allocation of a non-geographic number (01800 01803 etc)
as long as you can give a correspondance address in Germany, and many
telcos can get you this without.

Linus