[asterisk-biz] Astricon

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 06:12:57 CDT 2008

On 5 Sep 2008, at 08:08, Alex Balashov wrote:

> randulo wrote:

>> // based on two Astricons I have attended.
>>
>> IF ((the product or service is compelling) &&  (the people
>> representing it inspire confidence)) THEN , I would say TRUE;
>
> Isn't that kind of tautological, though?
>
> Since presumably people only purchase compelling products, it seems to
> have logical equivalence to:  "If attendees purchase product, they
> purchase product."

Not really, I guess the question is : Do people with budgets go to
Astricon?

The answer is yes, so you can expect a number of visitors to be in a
position
to make an experimental product purchase (couple of handsets, trial
appliance,
software licenses etc). Will they commit to $100K deals on the stand?
- no,
not unless they already did the research and just want to shake a hand
over the
deal.

Astricon is more about forming relationships than doing immediate deals,
but that's true of most tradeshows.

Tim.