[asterisk-biz] General development funding: discussion andsurvey

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Oct 31 10:05:16 CDT 2008

John,

Maybe a little more effort could be spent on getting the Asterisk 3rd
party license server up and running and this would encourage more funded
development.

I heard via a Voiceroute video that you announced it at Astricon which
was good news as you stopped returning my calls/emails since the
community first raised the idea over 6 months ago.

I was hoping that there might be some post event announcements after
Astricon but unless I missed it this appears to have died again.

....just a thought.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
dean at cognation.net
+1-212-203-4357   New York
+61-2-9016-5642   (Sydney in-dial).
+44-20-3129-6001 (London in-dial).

the
> > Open Source Model isn't working.
> >
> > As a consequence, you are researching alternative means of funding
the
> > existing Digium Open Source model.
> >
> > I would respectfully suggest that you look further into the reasons
> > for
> > the failure of Digium's implementation of the Open Source Model
before
> > you canvas the community with requests for funding.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > Craig Lawrence

If