[asterisk-biz] Poor Line Condition reported by fax machines

Timothy Penner tpenner at 4D.com
Wed Oct 29 11:11:00 CDT 2008

Hello,

I am hoping that someone on this list may have some insight to a fax problem
we have been experiencing.

We have some fax machines hooked up to a Rhino Channel Bank that is hooked
up to our Asterik server.  Starting this monday our fax lines stopped
working and started complaining about 'poor line condition'.  We have had
our PRI provider out to check the line, he ended up swapping out all of the
hardware for our circuit and confirms that the circuit is now as clean as
possible; however our fax machines still complain about 'poor line
condition'.  The strange thing is that while the tech was swapping out the
hardware for our PRI circuit, we had intermittent ups and downs and we
tested the faxes at one point and they did work.  But now, after the circuit
has been rebuilt, we have the same results as before; 'poor line
condition'...  Yet the provider's tests show that the line is good.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what may be causing this?

-Tim