[asterisk-biz] Mobile calling in Europe

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 11:39:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Florian Overkamp <florian at speakup.nl> wrote:
> Eric Chamberlain wrote:
>> What about calls from a cell phone to a fixed line?  Is there a price
>> difference between geographical and national numbers?

Depends on your minutes. In my pay-as-you-go (always most expensive
but no credit, identity or contract needed) those calls are still
something like 35 euro c/min.

As an aside, one of the common asterisk tricks here in Europe is
having asterisk call you back with DISA or a dial tone, or even vmail.
You receive that call free, and the caller is charged,but since the
caller is your company, you can still save money because you can use
SIP provider rates that are substantially lower than the public owned
telco.