[asterisk-biz] Mobile calling in Europe

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:23:29 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Eric Chamberlain <eric at rf.com> wrote:

> In France, for example, do in-country calls from a cell phone to a
> national number cost the same for the caller as calls to a
> geographical number?

In France, calls to a cell are usually expensive (depending on your
phone service). On the other hand, the same call is free to receive
even on pay as you go service like Mobicarte.

The cheapest price range would be around 12 to 15 euro cents per
minute, where as most plans are now unlimited from voip services to
fixed lines. If you pay a high monthly fee via cell, you may get cheap
calls to the same provider.

I always remember when I asked someone in the USA, "but you pay for
calls you receive, right?" and the answer was "No, just minutes."  As
if "minutes" were free.

I have no use for a contract, I pay about 35 euros every three months.
If I stop paying, I can still receive free calls for the next six
months without a recharge.