[asterisk-biz] SMB Provisioning?

Hickerson, Cary cary.hickerson at xo.com
Tue Oct 14 10:54:03 CDT 2008

I may be able to help. Please contact me offline cary.hickerson at xo.com

XO Communications
Cary Hickerson
Senior Account Executive
1660 Lincoln Street
Suite 2600
Denver, CO 80264
Direct 303.539.1227
Fax 303.539.2708
Customer Care 866.295.9696

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Nik Martin
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:34 AM
To: asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-biz] SMB Provisioning?

Hello,

I'm new to the list, but searching the archives gave me mixed results.
 What I'm looking for is some insight to provisioning voice services to
small businesses.  This is a pretty big market that seems just out of
reach, and I'm trying to bridge the gaps.  Small Business as defined by
me is typically 4-8 lines, a fax, CC terminal (possibly shared with the
fax), 4-16 extensions, and maybe an overhead pager.
For this market, T-1+internet+port is too $$$.  P2P T1 to my DC is still
a bit pricey based on customer location.  These estimates are based on
dealing with just ATT  at the moment, so dealing with a broker may get a
somewhat better deal, but still leaves a lot of money on the table.  DSL
is out, because the SLAs are way too low.  Comcast offers business grade
internet over cable, but their business sales department have not
responded to repeated attempts to contact.