[asterisk-biz] Custom AMD Module for Improved Answering Machine Detection Needed

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Oct 7 23:56:03 CDT 2008

The best off-the-shelf solution I've seen for this comes from Paraxip in
the form of their NetBorder CPA (Call Progress Analysis) product.  They
use a B2BUA that you can send calls through out of Asterisk, and which
will return a certain code as a custom SIP header depending on the
disposition.

"The best" still isn't saying much.  You're going to get many of the
same problems as you get with AMD.  The marginal improved accuracy may
or may not be worth the cost.

That's just how it is.  This is impossible to do right in a way that is
applicable to the variance of environmental and acoustic situations - as
you mention, works with one carrier and not with another, and other
variables.  Most likely, developing such a thing would be a pointless
waste of time and energy because to get beyond a certain rate of
accuracy is to ask for a perpetual motion machine.

Just my $.02, of course.