[asterisk-biz] Colocated Asterisk Server

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 3 08:11:40 CDT 2008

Or, just colocate in the US.

While it is not a very green or progressive comment to make, nor is it
healthy or prudent to have an irreverent or dismissive attitude toward
energy consumption concerns especially when it is the number one
economic challenge for data centers here today, I cannot imagine a
facility here that would double your price for half an amp.

Data center power offerings here are not even denominated in terms of
single amps, but usually tens of them.  If you told someone you needed
half an amp or 1 amp, they'd probably laugh.  If not, you're in the
wrong data center.

Is that always going to be the case, is that a wise way to look at it
that is laden with any prescience or foresight?  I don't know.  I'm just
saying.  I can't imagine 0.5A -> 0.9A even registering in American
colocation pricing.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems