[asterisk-biz] Colocated Asterisk Server

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Wed Oct 1 21:19:23 CDT 2008

If you want to lower power, build yourself:

-        Tall case (4U min) so you can fit passive cooling towers on CPUS

-        Fewer 6-8cm fans (instead of lots of 4cm fans)

-        High efficiency power supply (90%+)

-        Fewer drives, each higher capacity (mirror instead of Raid 5)

-        Ensure CPU scaling is on

-        Lowest power CPU from intel - with enough power

Etc...