[asterisk-biz] US/Canada DID Providers who expose full DID inventory

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Wed Oct 1 00:47:10 CDT 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Rehan Allah Wala wrote:

> I am now 35 years old, My english sucks, I was born and raised and went to school in
> Pakistan btw, Can u speak a few words from any other languages that I speak btw including
> Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Memoni btw ?

  I'm sure any lists in those languages would give you the same treatment if
  you typed your emails in the way you post to this list.  People take
  language mastery as a sign of understanding of a culture and a willingness
  to learn.  I've known of you Rehan for at least 2 years -- take some
  classes on how to write proper English.

  We all make typos, but if you want to be respected in an English-speaking
  mailing list and as a business owner, you need to become much better at
  composing properly typed, spelled and grammatically correct missives.

  Start by spelling out "you" rather than "u" (this isn't a txt msg), not
  using "btw" or other abbreviations 3 times in a run-on sentence, and by
  generally not being defensive.

  A rewrite of your response:

  "I am 35 years old, and I have yet to master English.  Unfortunately, it's
   not a priority for me right now, as I'm focused on growing my bottom
   line.  I was born and raised in Pakistan, where I also attended school.
   I am able to read, write and speak Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi and
   Memoni fluently, but English escapes me.  Please continue to bug me about
   it, however, as I would love to master both written and spoken English.
   I'm sure this too will improve my bottom line!"

Seriously, all kidding aside, you will do better on this list, on your
various sites, and in general you will get more respect from native English
speakers if you take the time to really learn and master the language.  You
already know 5 languages -- what's a 6th?

Beckman