[asterisk-biz] UK DID provisioning with an API

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Tue Nov 18 14:13:34 CST 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, SIP wrote:

> How's overall service quality and customer support? I've heard mixed
> things about DIDww  -- from people complaining they couldn't get any
> customer support and complaining of poor DID quality, to people saying
> they're the best thing since sliced pie.
>
> What's your take on things?

  I've been happy with DIDww as a company, and my customers have been happy
  with the DIDs we get from them.  Customer support is fine, not the
  fastest nor the best I've experienced, but good enough, especially for as
  little as I need to pay them on a monthly basis.  I've not had a problem
  getting a response from someone within 24 hours.

  They have an API, they provision immediately, and they answer support
  issues.  Most people who gripe believe that for their $4.30/month they
  demand 30 minute response time and someone answering the phone at all
  hours.  Unless you're spending $5k+/month with a provider, that's a silly
  expectation to have.

Beckman