[asterisk-biz] How to live in this world without job

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:43:27 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> Well I am all for community building, and Andy may be the most honest and
> open person I have seen on the internet (to a fault almost, but I find it
> somewhat endearing), so if Andy can do something for me, and do it well, I
> would certainly give him the work over some random person on a Freelance
> site.

+1

Which is exactly why the last time I needed a programmer, I hired him
on this list or -users. The fact is, there is a good chance of getting
burned on those for hire sites, even if 80% of the people on them are
who and what they say they are. I had a $5,000 bad experience with a
designer. As we needed to talk and I happened to be visiting her city,
we set up appointments and she didn't show up or call, claiming she
"was in a meeting". It was too late to fix, so I took what we had done
and ended it.

I don't think I'll hire anyone again without a better context. Seeing
them on a mailing list is a pretty good way to get to know people. I
have a systems admin I pay (hello G) solely on the basis of his
remarks on a spam fighting list.

Steve, I feel like I know you better than my neighbor! :)

/r